Welcome to our School Council
School Council 2016-17
- We sorted harvest donations which were collected by the Durham Foodbank and sent to families within our own community, that were nominated by parents. Thank you for your support. Your response was amazing this year – as always.
- The School Council decided to donate all monies raised from the sale of KS1 Nativity tickets to the ‘Many Hands project’. This was formerly known as the ‘Shanti-Peace campaign’. We were able to donate £150 to this great cause. Thank you for your ongoing support! We will keep you posted on how this money is used to help the disadvantaged children in India.
- This term the School Council are trying to raise money for new playground equipment and are hosting a non-uniform day on Friday 27th January 2017. There is a small cost to children who want to participate – £1.00 each.
- We were lucky to have Adam Bushnell in school for World Book Day. We asked every child to come dressed as their favourite characters and create posters for our display.
- St Cuthbert’s Care fundraising in Lent. We distributed Smartie tubes to each class – 1 for every child! We’ve asked children and parents to fill them with any spare loose change they might have if they’ve given up sweets and chocolate for Lent. There will be prizes for the class that raise the most!
School Council 2015-16
During Autumn Term School Council have been involved in:
- Presenting ‘Teddy Bears’ to Project Paddington Appeal (9.10.15)
- Sorting Harvest donations for Durham Foodbank & nominated families (16.10.15)
- Analysis of Pupil Questionnaires (Nov 2015)
- Manning stalls during the Christmas Fair
- Enterprise Stall (Seb & BU to raise money for SVP)
During the Spring Term the School Council were involved in:
- Development of Acceptable User Policies in conjunction with St Thomas More in readiness for Internet Safety Day (26.1.16)
- Children were involved in a Health & Safety Inspection (23.5.16) – looking for any possible ‘hazards’ inside the school building and grounds and discussing how these potential ‘hazards’ may be addressed. They did this in conjunction with Mrs Belton, Mrs Steele and our caretaker Mr Charlton. Children will provide feedback and advice to their respective classes based upon their findings!
School Council 2014-15
During the Autumn Term they chose to support the charity ‘Operation Christmas Child’ by organising a shoe box collection and a non-uniform day on the 4th October raised £90.89 for refugees in Syria and were delighted to be able to make a donation to the Shanti Welfare Special Needs School in India, the staff, parents and children raised £76.00 by signing the class card designed by Sebastian, instead of sending Christmas Cards this year. They also established a weekly prayer group, which is well attended. Additionally, they have undertaken a Health & Safety inspection of the grounds with Mrs Clarke, Mrs Steele and Mr Charlton
During the Spring Term in our Lenten fundraising activities – they chose to support the Durham Foodbank and St Cuthbert’s Care:
- Durham Foodbank (Bring a packet of biscuits day)(6.3.15)
- St Cuthbert’s Care – Penny Trail (19.3.15)
- St Cuthbert’s Care – 10p Easter Egg Roll (23.3.15)
- St Cuthbert’s Care – Funky Socks Day £1 (27.3.15)
During the Summer Term the School Council were involved in:
- Handing out books for ‘World Book Night Giveaway’ (23.4.15)
- Fundraising for NEPAL Earthquake Appeal Cake Sale (8.5.15)
- Representing St Joseph’s at St Godric’s open air Mass (22.5.15)