SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Miss K Haggart.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Our Inclusion Manager is Mrs E. Turnbull.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Emotional Wellbeing and Effective Learning Team
- ASC Team
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN. This is used to support children and young people with SEND. If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.